Posts Tagged Europe
Description: A generation has passed since young Anakin Skywalker began his epic journey as a Jedi appprentice… The evil Empire has destroyed all remnants of the Old Republic and cast a shadow of oppression over the entire galaxy. Amid the darkness, a simple farm boy named Luke Skywalker ignites the resistant Rebel Alliance with the power of the Force to become the new hope for the restoration of the free galaxy!
- Includes Figure #1-Darth Vader and exclusive collector coin!
- Includes 5-panel album with full color outer mural
- Album has slots for all 60 commemorative Star Wars 30th Anniversary coins
- Album has an additional 20 slots for special promotional or duplicate coins
- Includes 30th Anniversary Star Wars timeline
Comments: This is the European version of this release, as evidenced by the small multilanguage sticker on the back.
Description: Commanders and their loyal clone troopers battle with courage and determination in battles that will determine the fate of the Republic!
- Utapau Clone Trooper: On Utapau, Obi-Wan Kenobi leads a devision of clone troopers against the Separatist Droid Armies, all the while unaware that his troops owe their true allegiance to Palpatine
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Despite overwhelming odds, Obi-Wan Kenobi battles tirelessly throughout the Clone Wars to save the Republic from the Separatists, only to see it fall to Emperor Palpatine
- Darth Vader: Anakin Skywalker encases himself in black armour and forsakes his former allies, transforming himself into Darth Vader and heralding the rise of the Galactic Empire
- Silver Sandtrooper: This limited edition figure celebrates the dedication and enthusiasm of the entire Star Wars fan community and commemorates thirty years of the Star Wars Experience
- Yoda: The wise Jedi Master leads the Republic’s army to battle on the world of Kashyyyk
- Elite Corps Clone Trooper: Yoda’s Elite Corps troopers bravely turn back hordes of invading droid forces threatening to overrun the beaches of Kashyyyk
Comments: The 65D card has the same front as the first Jedi release, the 45C card, which makes it quite different from the other 65-back cards. The most noticeable difference is that the age warning in the top right corner is in English only, rather than in five languages like the 65A,B and C cards. The Return of the Jedi logo also sits lower on the front of the card, so there is no black border beneath this. The back of the card is identical to that of the 65c card, featuring the mail away offer for the Chewbacca Bandolier figure holder.
Like the 65c card, this card can be found with the closing date for the bandolier offer blacked out (the cardback above is one such example).
The only figures seen on this card are from the Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back films, the Return of the Jedi series of figures could only be found on 65A, B and C cards.
Photos courtesy of Jack G.
Description: To recreate the movie action as shown, interconnects with Power F/X Obi-Wan Kenobi figure for full lightsaber duel!
Description: Tri-Logo Star Wars Return of the Jedi figures can be identified by the 3-language title bar on the front, and “Collect all 70″ in six different languages on the back. The back shows 79 numbered figures with two blacked out. Tri-Logo figures often had larger, thinner bubbles making any mint examples extremely rare and valuable.
Images courtesy of JackG.
Description: More than 25 years after we first saw the Star Destroyer enter the screen at the beginning of A New Hope, Star Wars continues to both inspire and entertain. Much more than just a series of films Star Wars is a total experience. Essential components of that experience are the toys that we grew (and continue to grow) up with and the sense of community that brings us together to discuss, debate, and share all things Star Wars. It is with respect to the heritage of that experience that Hasbro offers this limited action figure to celebrate the dedication and enthusiasm of the fan community. May the Force be with you!
Comments: This is the same as the US figure, but with the added multi-language sticker on the back which, as it happens, is removable.
Description: Darth Vader has sinister plans to use Cloud City’s carbon-freeze chamber. Reluctant to try this crude process on the Emperor’s prize, Luke Skywalker, Vader decides to test it first on Han Solo. The process works, and although Luke finds his way into the chamber, Vader’s plans fail as Luke escapes and confronts him in heated lightsaber combat. At the end of this dramatic battle, Vader confesses to Luke the secret that has burned within him: He is indeed Luke’s father!
Comments: This is the European stickered version of Saga 038, with European language sticker covering the back and a European insert viewable from the bottom
Description:The evil and much feared imperial commander, Darth Vader seeks to bring young Luke Skywalker over to the dark side. As they do battle on a precarious outer walkway on Bespin, Vader reveals a shocking secret that shatters Luke’s world.
Comments: European Saga cardbacks featured 4 languages. Compare to the Canadian release of the same figure.